Student Safety Resources
Brandon School Division is committed to providing a safe and inclusive place for all of our students, and is proud to be partnering with the Brandon Police Service to help provide our students and families with access to information and resources, with a focus on:
- Promoting healthy relationships for our students and their families;
- School Zone Safety;
- Stranger Danger;
- Cyber Safety; and
- Sexual Exploitation.
BASIC SAFETY RULES FOR STUDENTS
- Do not walk alone, try to walk with a friend, parent or guardian.
- Always tell your parent/guardian where you are going and when you will be home.
- Trust your feelings.
- If you are feeling scared or uncomfortable, then you should get away as fast as you can and tell an adult or someone you trust. YELL, RUN & TELL
- Do not take short cuts through bushes or back alleys. Use the same route to and from school every day.
- Never give out your personal information to strangers.
BASIC SAFETY RULES FOR PARENTS & GUARDIANS:
- Help your child memorize their contact information and emergency numbers.
- Establish a family code word—No Code Word—No Go!
- Develop "Check In" Rules for your children are going out with friends. Always know where your child is.
- Help your child understand who a safe stranger is. For example: a police officer, a firefighter, or a teacher.
Help us #KeepOurKidsSafe in #BDNMB!
Should you have any questions about safety, please contact your child's school directly, or our Administration Office:
Regular Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1031 - 6th Street, Brandon, Manitoba R7A 4K5
Telephone: 204-729-3100 Fax: 204-727-2217