Student Safety Information & Resources
Brandon School Division is committed to providing a safe and inclusive place for all of our students, and to provide our students and families with access to information and resources, with a focus on:
- Promoting healthy relationships for our students and their families;
- School Zone Safety;
- Stranger Danger;
- Cyber Safety; and
- Sexual Exploitation.
BASIC SAFETY RULES FOR STUDENTS
- Do not walk alone, try to walk with a friend, parent or guardian.
- Always tell your parent/guardian where you are going and when you will be home.
- Trust your feelings.
- If you are feeling scared or uncomfortable, then you should get away as fast as you can and tell an adult or someone you trust. YELL, RUN & TELL
- Do not take short cuts through bushes or back alleys. Use the same route to and from school every day.
- Never give out your personal information to strangers.
BASIC SAFETY RULES FOR PARENTS & GUARDIANS:
- Help your child memorize their contact information and emergency numbers.
- Establish a family code word—No Code Word—No Go!
- Develop "Check In" Rules for your children are going out with friends. Always know where your child is.
- Help your child understand who a safe stranger is. For example: a police officer, a firefighter, or a teacher.
Help us #KeepOurKidsSafe in our #BSDSchools!
Should you have any questions about safety, please contact your child's school directly, or our Administration Office:
Regular Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.