Tips for Drivers in School Zones
Please assist us in keeping our roads safe by educating your children to be safe around traffic.
- School zones operate between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, September to June.
- The speed limit is 30 km in all school zones, unless otherwise posted.
- We aim to improve road safety in school zone areas to protect children on their way to and from school.
- It's important to understand road conditions and signage in school zone areas.
School buses are picking up their passengers, kids on bikes are hurrying to get to school before the bell rings, and hurried parents are trying to drop their kids off before work.
It's never more important for drivers to slow down and pay attention than when kids are present – especially before and after school.
Tips for Drivers
- Always stop for school crossing guards.
- Take extra care to look out for children.
- Never pass a vehicle stopped for pedestrians.
- Exercise caution and patience when encountering pedestrians.
Tips for Student Drop Off
- When planning your school commute consider walking, rolling, scootering, cycling, or taking Transit.
- Be cautious in areas where you are stopping to drop off or pick up children.
- Plan Ahead. Give yourself extra time.
We all play a part in being a good neighbour and together, we can ensure our school zones are safe for everyone.
Help us #KeepOurKidsSafe in #WheatCitySafetyZones near our #BSDSchools!
Should you have any questions about School Zone Safety, please contact your child’s school directly, or:
|Brandon Police Service|
1020 Victoria Avenue, Brandon, MB R7A 1A9
Non-Emergencies Phone: 204-729-2345
|Brandon School Division (Communications Office)|
1031 - 6th Street, Brandon, MB R7A 4K5