Kindergarten Resources for Parents & Guardians
Entering Kindergarten is an exciting and emotional time for both parent and child. It is also a critical step in the child's education. When children reach Kindergarten their teacher will help them focus on the development of early literacy and numeracy skills, decision-making skills, creativity, communication skills, independence and feelings of self-worth.
There will be all kinds of interesting and creative activities; from painting to story time, counting, cultural expression, physical education and more, children will be engaged in structured learning for the development of themselves as a student and as a person.
If you have questions regarding your child's registration, please contact your catchment area school, or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of our staff will get back to you.
Information & Community Resources:
Manitoba Child & Youth Programs
- Child and Youth Programs | Province of Manitoba (gov.mb.ca)
- Publications & Resources (gov.mb.ca)
- Early Childhood Development (gov.mb.ca)
- Programs, Supports & Strategies (gov.mb.ca)
- Manitoba Healthy Schools (gov.mb.ca)
- Getting Ready for School – A Parent’s Guide (Healthy Child Manitoba)
- EDI: Turning Data Into Action | Province of Manitoba
- Healthy Food in Schools | Manitoba Healthy Schools (gov.mb.ca)
Learning Links (Selected by our Kindergarten Teachers)
- ABCya! | Learning Games and Apps for Kids
- KidsTV123.com | Music, Games, Alphabet & Phonics Worksheets
- Starfall Education | Kids Games, Movies, & Books K-3
- Teach Your Monster | Free Phonics, Reading and Mathematics Games
- 19 Hand-Eye Coordination Activities for Kids | Empowered Parents
- List of Sensory Play Activities & Ideas | Learning 4 Kids
- Tumblebooks | Read Watch Learn!
- Reading Games | PBS KIDS
- Games, Videos, and Books for Kids | Funbrain
- Community Contacts (economicdevelopmentbrandon.com)
- City of Brandon - Parks & Recreation
- City of Brandon - Recreation Programs
- City of Brandon - Sportsplex