BSD Schools and COVID-19
The priority of the Brandon School Division remains unchanged – the health, well-being and safety of our students, staff, and community, in doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please see the links below for important information:
- Focusing on Safety: Maintaining Safe Schools During COVID-19 | Manitoba Education and Early Childhood Learning (gov.mb.ca)
- Province of Manitoba | Focus on the Fundamentals (gov.mb.ca)
Effective March 15, 2022, all schools in Manitoba are open at the Limited Risk Level (Green) on the Pandemic Response System (PRS) until further notice.
- The spread of COVID-19 is broadly contained in Manitoba.
- Transmission of the virus is at very low to undetectable levels.
- A vaccine and effective treatment are available.
- There may be single or isolated small cluster outbreaks which are quickly contained.
- Community transmission is low to undetectable.
- There is sufficient health system capacity.
Brandon School Division protective measures are as follows:
- Masks are recommended for students and staff when indoors, but are not required
- Masks will continue to be provided to students and staff as requested
- Frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces
- While cohorts will be removed, schools will maintain their current class configurations
- Current class configurations will be maintained
- Assemblies will continue to be paused
- Assessment, required adjustments and improvements to the ventilation systems in our classrooms will continue
- Students and staff should continue to self monitor and stay home when sick
- Rapid Antigen Tests are available for students and staff who are symptomatic. Test kits can be picked up from your school
- Absenteeism rates will continue to be reported on school webpages and case prevalence will continue to be reported on the Divisional webpage: BSD COVID-19 Education, Attendance Monitoring & Case Prevalence
If your child has symptoms:
If you have questions or need advice: