Safer Internet Day (February 6, 2024)
Safer Internet Day is recognized on February 6, 2024, to promote internet safety and raise awareness about online security. This day serves as a reminder for internet users to be vigilant and cautious while browsing the web. It also highlights the importance of educating children and young adults on how to safely navigate the internet.
From cyberbullying to social networking to digital identity, each year Safer Internet Day aims to raise awareness of emerging online issues and current concerns.
Check out the links below for some great resources to help students stay safe online:
- Communicating Safely Online: Tips for Youth (Media Smarts)
- Communications Safely Online: Tips for Parents and Trusted Adults (Media Smarts)
- Programs & Initiatives: Kids in the Know (ProtectChildren.ca)
- Mental Health Resources (Kids Help Phone)
- Click here for additional information and resources!