Information for Parents
As we prepare for the 2021-2022 school year, the priority of the Brandon School Division remains unchanged – the health, well-being and safety of our students, staff, and community, in doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Direction from Manitoba Education and our Chief Provincial Public Health Office Dr. Brent Roussin guides our planning and decisions.
The Manitoba Government released its Safe Return Plan for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students to classrooms on August 5, 2021. Please see the links below for important information:
- Manitoba News Release - Safe Return to Schools Plan (August 5, 2021)
- Restoring Safe Schools - Planning Guide for 2021-2022 School Year (August 2021)
- Restoring Safe Schools - A Guide for Parents, Caregivers and Students (August 2021)
All students are being welcomed back to full-time in-class learning in Manitoba's Kindergarten to Grade 12 schools.
Brandon School Division will be reviewing the guidance documents and incorporating the recommendations into our current planning. It is our intent to have an informed and measured plan based on the guidance and direction from Public Health and Manitoba Education. We remain committed to working collaboratively with families and staff to support and address any concerns.
Brandon School Division is committed to following our mission of enabling each student to achieve maximum intellectual, emotional, social and physical growth. We all have a role to play in working together to keep our community safe, and in doing so we will be supporting our students' education.
Manitoba Education has compiled some very useful resources for parents which are available here: Province of Manitoba | Education (gov.mb.ca). We have also compiled additional information and resources available at the links below and on the left side of this page.
- Manitoba Education – Restoring Safe Schools COVID-19 Education Plan
- Guidance for Mask Use in Schools (November 2020)
- COVID-19 Screening Questions
- Parent/Guardian/Educator Frequently Asked Questions (April 2021)
- Multilingual Supports for Parents and Students: Returning to School