Graduation date: Tuesday, June 28th, 2022
Vincent Massey Graduation 2022 will be held in the main arena of the Keystone Centre
Tue, June 28, 1:00 pm
All are welcome. No tickets required, no admission fee. Rush seating.
- Wheelchair seating at the top of Section 5
- There is an elevator at the bottom of the ramp (by MB Room) that can be used to access upper concourse
Livestream link: https://wcgtv.ca/watch-live/vincent-massey-graduation
Grad Gowns can be picked up in the main office. If you have overdue library books from last semester you will not be able to pick up your grad gown until you return your books.
|Thu, May 26||Grad meeting for students|
10:45 - 11:15am in the library
|Tue, May 31||Convocation form due (online)|
Grad fee due (School Cash Online or bring cash or cheque in the office)
|Thu, June 16||Grad meeting for students|
12:00 - 12:30pm in the library
|June 17-23||Grad gown pick up|
|Mon, June 20||Last day of semester 2 classes|
|Tue, June 21||Last day to submit edits to |
or Student Recognition
|June 21-23||Massey Exams|
|Fri, June 24||Crocus Grad|
|Mon, June 27||Neelin Grad|
|Mon, June 27||Massey Honour Roll posted|
|Tue, June 28||Massey Grad|
1:00pm Keystone Centre
Grad Coordinator: Erin Kowal
Student Services (transcripts, credits, honour roll)
If you would like to receive grad info and updates by email, please email email@example.com
- Graduates will be able to pick up their cap and gown from the school in mid-June (we are planning to have gowns available by Fri, June 17). This gives lots of time before the graduation ceremony for photos with family and friends.
- The convocation ceremony will begin at 1:00 pm. Graduates are asked to arrive at the Keystone Centre by 12:15 pm (with Honour Roll grads asked to arrive by 12:00 pm). Grads bring their cap and gown to the Keystone Centre.
- There is no limit to the number of guests a graduate can invite to attend convocation. This is a free event; no tickets required and seating is unassigned. Wheelchair seating is available at the top of Section 5.
- The ceremony will include greetings, presentation of diplomas and awards, and the valedictorian’s speech. We expect that the ceremony will end around 3:30 pm.
- The grad slideshow will be displayed before and after the ceremony. Note: Mrs. Garbutt is still accepting slideshow photos (please email jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We will have a staff photographer set up to take an up-close photo of each grad receiving their diploma
- Following the ceremony, graduates will return their rented gown (they keep their cap and tassel)
We are partnering with Westman Communications Group (WCG) to film the convocation ceremony. We are also looking into having the event livestreamed for friends and family who might not be able to attend in-person.
The majority of graduates choose to participate in convocation, however – participation is optional. We understand that some students might be unable or choose not to attend. If a student does not attend convocation, they can pick up their diploma and any awards from the main office at Massey (after June 28).
Please check your Grade 12 Student Team regularly for scholarship and other post-secondary information and opportunities
For information about a grad photo retake appointment, please contact Nicole Van Santen (email@example.com)
- The average for Grad Honour Roll is calculated using six courses. These six courses must include your compulsory grade 12 English and your compulsory grade 12 Math. Then, we include four other 'elective' courses at grade 12 level (courses at grade 12 level are coded with a 4, ie: 40S, 40G, 42S, 41G)
- PE 40F does not have a percentage grade; it cannot count toward Grad Honour Roll.
- It does not matter what year you completed your courses. For example, if you completed Law 40S in your grade 11 year, it can still count toward Grad Honour Roll.
- If you have taken two compulsory Math credits (ie: Pre-Cal 40S and Applied 40S), we will use your better mark as your compulsory Math mark in calculating the average.
- If you have taken two compulsory Math credits, one Math mark will be used as your compulsory math mark and the second Math mark could be used as one of your four elective credits.
- If you have taken more than four courses at grade 12 level, we will use the four courses in which you earned the highest marks.
- AP courses definitely count as 'grade 12 level' elective courses.
- If you have taken two similar courses (ie: Psychology 40S and AP Psychology 42S), both courses can count toward your Honour Roll Average.
- If you do not have a minimum of four 'elective' courses at grade 12 level, you will not be eligible for Grad Honour Roll. Even if all the rest of your marks are super awesome.
- It is an average. This means that it is not required that each course be greater than or equal to 85%. The six courses just need to average to 85% (or higher).