In alignment with Manitoba Public Insurance’s duty to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, the Corporation has developed a pandemic policy focusing on protecting employees, customers and our community.
Effective Jan. 3, 2022, Driver Z students will be required to:
- Share proof of full vaccination; OR
- Show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours prior to participating in a course activity, including in-class lessons (in a physical classroom, virtual lessons are not included) or in-car lessons.
Driver Z instructors will ask students for this information prior to an in-car or in-class lesson at a school or physical location.
Driver Z instructors must also follow similar protocols regarding vaccination and/or testing. At any time, a student can ask for their instructor’s proof of vaccination, or their proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within the past 48 hours.
Driver Z Overview:
Driver Z will continue to offer a modified Driver Z program that includes virtual classes, in place of a physical classroom, via the WebEx meeting platform. The program includes ten, two-hour weekly sessions and includes in-car lessons.
- Students and parents/co-pilots must attend the Kick-off virtually, which is held on the first online class session.
- Students must provide an email address when they register so they can access the online application and receive course-relevant communication, including email invitations to the virtual class sessions.
- Students must complete online learning prior to their first virtual class lesson.
When does registration for the upcoming term begin?
Registration for will begin on June 1, 2022 at 9:00 am.
Courses will be available to view on May 30, 2022.
Where can students go for information?
- Course Information: mpi.mb.ca under Driver Education
- Driver Z Program Information: mpi.mb.ca under Driver Education
Where do students go to pay and register?
Students can pay and register for courses at any Autopac agent or Manitoba Public Insurance Service Centre.
Will students be given priority to register for Driver Z courses at their own school?
As the course is virtual students will be allowed to attend a virtual course that is not necessarily based out the school they attend. To facilitate in-car lessons students will only be allowed to register in courses within a closer geographical area to where they attend high school.
How do students and co-pilots access the online learning?
Once students have registered, they will receive an email with instructions and an email invite to the virtual course closer to their course start date. They will be required to do the following:
- Log in to Driver Z online to set up their account.
- Complete Zone 1 (activities 1-29) before Kick-off. This takes approximately 12 hours to complete.
- Invite at least one co-pilot (and up to eight) through Driver Z online.
- Co-pilots will also be required to log on and complete Zone 1 (activities 1-6) to be able to support the student and ensure all necessary tasks are finished to complete the program. This takes approximately two to three hours to complete.
- Access the virtual classroom via a link in the email invite 10 minutes prior to the start of the class.
It is important that students and co-pilots have separate email addresses to ensure they receive the appropriate emails for their role.
If you have any questions, please contact Driver Education by email or phone at (204) 985-7199 or toll-free at 1-800-261-9928.