Mandate: To ensure that our student citizens have the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to be self-directed learners.
Use Your Wits:
W - Walk Away
I - Ignore
T - Talk it Out
S - See Help
- We must strive for high achievement, engaged learning time, focused teaching and a positive, safe environment where all involved feel a strong sense of belonging.
- Learning should be an adventure and will involve hard work.
- There must be fairness to access of programs for everyone.
- We will recognize and respect culture, heritage and individual differences.
- School should be a place where all can succeed, set attainable goals and develop a wholesome yet realistic self-concept.
- Change is a constant in our society, therefore, flexibility, creativity and innovation in thinking and problem solving is required to adapt and succeed in our changing world.
- School is an extension of the home.
- It takes a whole community to raise a child
- Parents and teachers are partners who will collaborate to provide opportunities for our students to:
- Be a clear and effective communicator
- Be a self-directed and life-long learner
- Be a creative and practical problem solver
- Be a responsible and involved citizen
- Be a collaborative and quality worker
- Be integrated and informed thinkers