Attention 2020 Grads
Check back for scholarship information.
Please note that some universities and colleges are open to registration as early as October 1. In some cases, Entrance Scholarships require a completed and submitted application for admission, and some carry a deadline of December 1. Please ensure you check with the post-secondary institutions that you are planning to apply for to determine their deadlines.
There are many different types of scholarships. Some scholarships are given based on academic achievement, while others inlcude criteria such as community involvement, volunteer work, and/or extra-curricular activities. Bursaries are awards given to students based on financial need, as well as other possible criteria. Awards will generally require an application form to be completed. Some awards will require a resume and/or cover letter, and possibly reference letters as well. Answering an essay question may also be required to apply to win a scholarship.
Get started now!
- Create a resume for yourself, including a detailed list of your volunteer and extra-curricular involvement.
- Ask a teacher or supervisor to write a reference letter for you.
- Check the bulletin board and this webpage often!
- Visit post-secondary institutions' websites that you are interested in for scholarships and bursaries they offer.
- Begin researching scholarship websites:
- National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation
- information about the Loran Awards and the Garfield Weston Awards
Student Aid Assistance & Planning
Answers for parents
Manitoba Student Aid
Canada Student Loan Overview
Parental Contribution Calculator
Student Financial Assistance Estimator
Loan Repayment Estimator
Government of Canada website including information about post-secondary education planning, financing, budgeting, etc.
LORAN Scholar Foundation Scholarship
-Loran Award includes study at one of 25 partner universities, summer internships, mentorship, and a community of supporters and alumni working towards a better country and world.
Value up to $100,000.00
Deadline: see Mr. Beals by Oct. 11/2019 if interested
-Demonstrated Community Leadership, in final year of high school,
minimum grade average of 75% in most recent completed school year
Deadline: November 15/2019