Grad Application 2021.pdf
Crocus Plains Graduation 2021
Student & Parents Information Evening – Thursday, November 19, 2020
- Thursday, June 24, 2021
- Location and time are both "To Be Determined"
- Information will be updated on Grade 12 Teams and CP website
- Only students who have met all graduation requirements can "cross the stage"
- 30 credits, make sure all compulsory credits from grades 9 – 12 are complete.
- Can use the credit count grid found on the report card and/or Xello Course Planner as a guide to check. If in doubt students can meet with their case manager.
- PowerSchool is available for all students and parents to monitor attendance, marks and assignments. Report cards were handed out today and Wednesday!
- Note from student services department - PLEASE guard against complacency this semester – many grade 12 classes are FULL 2nd Semester.
- Grade 12 Academic Honour Graduate
- Students must have an average of 85% or greater in five grade 12 courses (excluding Technical/Vocational and Physical Education). Must include Math and English.
- Grade 12 Technology Honour Graduate
- Students must meet technology diploma requirements and have a minimum of eight compulsory technology education credits from one technical-vocational cluster or ACE stream. Hairstyling requires 12 credits. Overall average in the area must be 85% or greater.
Student Recognition Program:
Students are celebrated and recognized for their contributions in the following areas:
- Academic/Vocational Achievement – mark of at least 85% in any 6 courses during the current school year
- Athletics – Participation with a school team or co-curricular athletic activity
- Fine and Performing Arts – Participation in a school art, music or drama production
- School and Community Service – Participation in a school or community activity
Bronze – 1 of the above criteria
Silver – 2 of the above criteria
Gold – 3 or more of the above criteria
- Grad applications will be available online on Teams or on School Website in a fillable format. Please complete and email back ASAP to email@example.com
- Paper copies are also available from the CP front office.
- Please complete applications as soon as possible. Deadline to submit is February 19, 2021.
- A fee of $40 is required for students participating in the convocation ceremony. This fee covers gown rental, cap and tassels, diploma covers, venue rental/decoration and other convocation costs.
- Fees can be payed online through SchoolCashOnline bsd.schoolcashonline.com or cash payments to the CP school office during school hours.
- Fee is payable by April 16, 2021
- No Refunds given after May 20, 2021
- All graduates are asked to complete a Grad Quote for Convocation Ceremony. This is the statement that will be read as graduate crosses the stage to receive diploma. Statements can include future plans, scholarship or awards, favourite quotes, thanks to various people, etc. Quotes should be completed during English classes; however, if missed then students can see Ms. Adams.
- Grad statements must be received and finalized by June 15, 2021 or a generic statement will be created for you.
- Will be on sale beginning in November with Ms. Kasprick. Purchasing is online. Previous years has been hoodies & jackets.
- Ms. Kasprick is looking for a few students who would like to help with grad clothing.
- Have been rescheduled for January 13 to 20 in the Lecture Theater. (Date may change again due to provincial restrictions)
- Appointment bookings will be available online, the link will be out a couple weeks of weeks before photos. Will be posted on CP website and in Teams.
- ALL Grads should get a picture taken, even if not buying a picture package – need for grad composite photos and Brandon Sun insert published in June.
- Fees have been $5 if not purchasing package or $25 for full sitting (cap & gown + casual images) – 14-18 proofs plus 11x14 composite photo.
- Retakes will be scheduled in the spring.
- Sorry NO PETS allowed. Group restrictions will also be in effect.
Cap and Gown:
- Caps and Gowns must be picked up by the graduate or parent a few days before grad between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in the library. More details will follow closer to grad.
- This should allow for the students to get pictures done in the days leading up to, and the morning before convocation. There will not be time for cap and gown pictures after the convocation, as gowns must be returned immediately following the completion of convocation.
- Students must return all library resources before they are able to pick up their cap and gown.
- We have lots of new and/or gently used grad dresses to give away for free to any grad that needs a grad dress
- Ms. Wendy Gross is available afterschool on Wednesday, November 25 and Thursday December 10 from 3:45 – 4:45 for any girls who would like to check out the dress selection, try some on and take one home to have for grad. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment time.
- Decision about grad banquet will be made closer to graduation day.
Scholarship & Post-Secondary Information:
- Please see Ms. Porter, our career technician, or Ms. Zelmer, our grade 12 Guidance Counsellor, for information about scholarships and university or college applications.
- School and division based scholarship forms and information are conducted in April.
- This is a parent/guardian run event that is organized independently from the school by parents through a "Safe Grad Committee".
- If any parents wish to be a potential chairperson for a safe grad committee, please let Ms. Adams know. There is some pertinent information that can be shared with those interested in possibly running a safe grad.