At the Regular Meeting of the Brandon School Division Board of Trustees held February 13, 2017, the following motion was approved:
That the Board of Trustees Governance Goals 2014 be updated and accepted as follows:
1) Implement a multi-year budget strategy to plan for future sustainability; to achieve long-term goals.
2) Subject to Provincial funding support, attempt to limit special levy increases to the sum of inflationary pressures plus enrolment growth.
1) Continue to lobby vigorously for a new school in South Brandon.
2) Develop new and existing spaces to support current and future programming.
1) Long-term tracking of individual student/group progress to inform Board's decision making on programming.
2) Implement a continuous process of program evaluation, with priorities to be determined on an annual cycle.
3) Review current staffing deployment to achieve a better comprehensive continuity approach.
4) Enhance the development of cultural competency amongst students and staff.
5) High overall student achievement without significant gaps across major subgroups in the student population.
Divisional Futures and Community Relations:
1) Build relationships actively with existing and new stakeholder groups.
*Updated February 24, 2017