The new 65,660 square foot school will be built at the corner of Maryland Avenue and Ninth Street, just a few quick steps away from Crocus Plains Regional Secondary School. Welcoming 450 students (with ability to expand to a capacity of 675 students) in September 2020, the school will include:
- a child care centre for 20 infants and 54 pre-school children;
- 40 nursery school spaces;
- 14 regular classrooms and kindergarten rooms with dedicated art, band and science rooms;
- a Science, Technology, Electronics and Math (STEM) lab;
- a life-skills and resource teaching and guidance suites, and an English as an Additional Language Room;
- a library and gymnasium;
- a home-economics lab; and
- an industrial arts (manufacturing/construction) shop.
Designs for the new school are already underway and a tender for construction will be issued in November, with construction to begin in February 2019.
Check back here regularly as we provide updates on important milestone events!